Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas

Is it just me, or did this sneak up really fast this year? There's only six days left until Christmas Day, and I've done absolutely zero shopping. I think it has lots to do with the fact that it's supposed to be cold and snowy, and you know maybe a little Christmasy outside. Instead, it's been like mid-spring in Chicago and the east coast is in the 70's.

It's weird, but when I worked at Jewel, the music was on and people would start buying ducks and hams and wrapping paper and wear santa hats and make small talk. It was nice and reassuring and gave you plenty of warning to start getting into the Christmas spirit.

I've got to jumpstart my Christmas spirit this week. I think we're going to get some lights for the apartment and maybe some sort of a small tree. Maybe a plant. A Christmas cactus?

Yes, I've got it. I'm going to supersaturate this pre-Christmas week with a whole months worth of Christmas activities. I need peppermint hot cocoa, at least one x-mas classic dvd each night, music, lights, and some candy canes. And x-mas booze.

5 comments:

Cass said...

every time i read x-mas on your post i said x-men in my head. welcome back jay's perspectives, welcome back.

Cass said...

and. they have free christmas tree's at the post office on harrison. just remember to bring your ninja mask. :)

Megan said...

A ha! Jay has a blog! Keep it up.

Caleb said...

Is X-mas booze limited to eggnog or is it just any booze you drink during the yuletide season?

Leslie said...

"A Charlie Brown Christmas" all the way, dude. It'll put you in the spirit in a flash. Make that a twinkle.