Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weather sucks.

It's been raining for days. I'm in Port Macquarie now, a nice town that is the unofficial koala capital. There's lots of beaches, and a lighthouse a couple hours walk. There was a break in the weather today and I went to the koala hospital about 20 minutes walk away. Started pouring after two blocks!

Koala's are ridiculously cute. Ridiculous. And they have an uncanny ability to curl into a ball and sleep on a branch sitting up. They only fall out of the tree sometimes. Unfortunately I forgot my camera. Some are only about 8-9 lbs, and some get up to about 35 lbs. Neat.

Heading to Byron Bay tomorrow. Woo!

3 comments:

TaylorStreet said...

got your postcard, it was cool. Take some koala pictures!
And think about capturing one and bringing it home to stay with us as a pet.

Oliver said...

I didn't get my postcard...hmmm. sob, brb, lol, :-)

Jay M. said...

Postcards may only be sent to those complying with Section 247 of the Provide Your Full Mailing Address act of two weeks ago.